Tuesday, April 19, 2011

turkey shot...

A dear friend of mine made a comment this morning that seems to have been taken to heart by my computer! She said "My sense is that *slow and steady* will win today's race." The computer is going so slow I may fall asleep waiting for it!

Any ways, I have two, actually for some, three new pictures for the day. One that was done with a dear friend in mind, the second goes with the first, and the last explains the title today.

I hope you enjoy...




This was taken last evening, needs a little work but I can't believe how much of a beating she has taken compared to this next one!



This was taken a few weeks back but when I am finished with the first it should make for a nice pair!

So, I was in my studio, setting up the lights, the subject, playing the music I like to listen to when I shoot, when I got a phone call telling me that I might want to head down the road from my house and bring my camera and check out the field...

Needless to say I did and here is the title for the day...




Funny, or sad, depending how you want to look at it but, every time I go to photo something in this field I forget to bring the right lens! I really must think before I run! Not that I have a super long distant lens but I think the 300mm lens would have given me a much closer view of these strutting Tom's then the 18-200mm that I slapped on the camera as I was leaving. Any way, this photo had to be cropped to bring these competing turkeys,(pun intended) much closer to view!


Well, time to get back into the studio and work on the project I started before going to the turkey shot!

Have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. The crone is beautiful and I look forward to seeing the finished work. And turkeys (why isn't it turkies?) … the boys inspire laughter from me every spring when they spread their plumes and dance. Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete